The Networking Technologies Boot Camp is a deep-dive, advanced technical session, best suited for network engineers who design, install, document and test wired and wireless customer networks. While this session is not specifically built around deploying the Datto Networking stack, throughout the session we will make reference to Datto Networking products and capabilities. Attendees will leave with an in-depth understanding of best practices for deploying networking technologies.
This session will include:
Deep Dive: Switching Technologies
- Review design considerations for wired deployments, including how to optimize the user experience and account for all applications and devices.
- Using VLANs - from Servers to VoIP, and how to best separate and secure workflows to ensure high availability in the LAN.
- Switching protocols including Spanning Tree, Routing, 802.1X and NAC, and more - we will look at how switching protocols operate down to the frame captures and how to implement them based on the network requirements.
Deep Dive: Planning and Designing WiFi Networks
- Review design considerations to ensure proper coverage, plan for capacity and airtime, develop effective SSID policies and authentication methods for employees and guests, and more
- How WiFi works in the Phy and MAC layer
- Review of WiFi 6 features
- Tools to measure RF and analyze conditions or issues
- We will review and share examples of working through the High level, Low level and ‘As built’ documents.
Testing and Monitoring
- Review of diagnostic tools, and alerts & reporting using the “As Built” documentation for your post-deployment baseline
Who Should Attend:
This session is best suited for network engineers who design, install, document and test wired and wireless customer networks.
This session runs 8 AM - 4 PM PM on Monday, 21 October. Breakfast, lunch, and breaks are included. Please bring your laptop.